Thursday, February 9, 2012

"How sweet it is" quoting Jackie Gleason

Court cases are only defined as a win and a loss by very narrowly-minded people.  The correct term for recieving a favorable order in a court case is the term, prevailed.  Either a person prevails or does not.  Court cases are the classic example of a civil debate.

A better term as compared to winning, is victory, or its counterpart, defeat.  Was a person with a court case victorious over their advesary?  To define a victory in a court case requires one to establish how many people benefit from any given case-did a case result in a case cited by others as a precedent going forward? 

For example, the case I have docketed with the United States Supreme Court is merely over one word-insolvent.  If SCOTUS agrees to define that word, by looking the word up in any dictionary, then by effect, in the state of Florida and quite possibly all of the several states, I have brought about clarification of what a single word means, going forward.

If a court case results in a precedent cited by other courts, that is a huge victory to the person responsible for bringing about some kind of positive and beneficial result impacting the rights of many, going forward. The more people a court case helps going forward, the sweeter the victory.

 My own personal goal in litigation is not to win based on economic outcome-my goal in litigation that I consider a success is how many others going forward, have their cases decided based on my case. Then you humbly and with ample amounts of humility, feel good inside for having helped many-that humanity factor.

In litigation, having a victory . . . citing to Jackie Gleason, how sweet it is when that happens. 
If your court cases gets cited, and the more frequent it does, by effect, that is a victory regardless of any economic outcome or judicial order. A judicial order merely means the judge does not agree with your argument for whatever reason.  BFD. 

Finally, when it comes to pro se parties, just fighting for your rights in a civil manner is always a victory, regardless of what a judge thinks.  A person knows inside what the case was really about-and for me, it is never about economic outcomes.  It is about my hope and aspiration that I made others' lives better.  The more cases that I do, it merely becomes a question of magnitude.  Therefore, I can proudly proclaim I have value as a human being. 

Hence, why Jesus and God love me.  I have value.

No comments:

Post a Comment